The Standard Building was built in 1925, and was the second tallest building in Cleveland, upon completion. The 21-story, pale cream terra cotta high-rise apartment building is located at the southwest corner of Ontario Street and St. Clair Avenue, in the heart of downtown.
In 2015, B&H was commissioned to inspect the entire facade and prepare documents for a complete renovation of the building facade. Masonry restoration and preservation project included replacement of the 20th floor terra cotta cornice units, including restoration of corroded steel support structure at selected locations, combined with patching of the existing stone at other locations. Partial stone replacement at selected locations, combined with patching of the existing stone at other locations and removal of brick masonry, cleaning and painting or replacement of steel shelf angles, and replacement of the removed brick.