Originally home to the Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company, 75 Public Square opened in 1915. Around the late 1950s, the Illuminating Company moved next door and the building became the home for retail, restaurant chains, and several offices.
B&H performed the restoration and renovation of the 15-story, 131,000 GSF building, from office space to multi-residential luxury apartments. The 1910’s-era structure is steel framed with clay tile flat arch flooring. Work included the installation of a new service elevator, new balconies at the second floor, and reinforcement of the roof for new deck space. New chiller and generator units atop the roof required platform supports that were designed to be integrated with existing platforms for telecommunications that needed to remain in service.