James Hall is a prominent residence hall on Ohio University’s West Green area of the main campus. The residence hall was built in 1963 and named in honor of Herman Gerlach James: Ohio University’s 12th President, who served from 1935-1943.
As a Prime Professional, B&H provided structural consultation and design to facilitate the following scope: removal and replacement of extensive portions of the deteriorated face brick and load bearing CMU wall on multiple wings of the building; removal and replacement of 35 windows and associated flashing, sills and headers, and removal and replacement of select portions of hydronic piping attached to the south wall of the building. The building structure had to be shored temporarily to allow for the removal and replacement of the CMU bearing walls.
Project was completed on an extremely tight schedule and within the allocated budget – consistent with the expectations of the University Project Manager, student housing authorities and facilities personnel. B&H stayed actively involved on the project from its inception all the way throughout punch list walk through and close out. A detailed opinion of probable cost for the overall project and construction phase was developed by B&H.