A fully developed five-year restoration plan implemented from 2005 to 2009. Work involved the restoration of the entire façade from the flagpole to the ground. Replacement of the 15th floor cornice was also completed in its entirety.
The Terminal Tower is a landmark of Cleveland’s skyline. It is part of a multi-use complex incorporating transportation, office, retail, and hotel functions. Constructed between 1925 and 1930, the 52-story structure rises 708 feet above Public Square. The Terminal Tower is a steel-framed structure clad in façades of terra cotta, limestone, and ornamental iron.
Observations have been conducted from a variety of platforms, including pipe scaffolding, platform scaffolding, swing-stage scaffolding, and mast climbers. B&H has worked continually to develop repair details for multiple contractors during the multi-phase repair program completed in 2009.